What happens to the tannin and yeast in wine when cooked?

2011/11/6ca88_allergy_cooking_3405556534_b507917552

query of secret : What happens to the tannin and yeast in wine when cooked I have allergy to stamp Which are enhanced by uptake of barm and cast merchandise. I also return megrim and the kutch is suspected as an opening antecedent of headache.I adoration to cook and admiration what feeling they have. I knowing this is the barm silent @ grade temps, but tin it feeling me? Best Answer: Answer by

rmouser
I would not knowing sorry I do not cook. Try request this in the cookery subdivision.

answers for yourself in the comments!

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 Responses to “What happens to the tannin and yeast in wine when cooked?”

  1. Great Gazoo -AM- says:

    Well walnuts have a lot of tannins as well. Do they bother you? It is an acid, so I don’t think cooking it will move it as fast as other components.

    White wine is generally much lower in tannins if that helps. I would suspect sulfites before the tannins and you can get sulfite free wine.

    I have no idea what you are allergic to in yeast, but they die off in wine at a certain alcohol level anyhow. Honestly yeast are around wild to. If it is moist and has sugar in it and it sits out for any length of time there are yeast in it. Bread has dead yeast in it. Frankly you need to ask someone who knows exactly what it is that you are allergic to and how yeast effects it to tell you that part.

  2. zmortis says:

    I figure if you cook anything at high enough temparture it should be safe from biological components like yeast and tannen. It might taste a bit like ash though.

  3. 2hip says:

    Most finished wines have little to no yeast, active or otherwise, left in them. Most are filtered to remove residual yeast. This is done to prevent re-fermentation of the wine.

    There is a lot of histamine in red grape skins which is transferred to the wine during fermentation. These histamines bother a lot of folks with allergies (like me).

    The oak used to store and age wines can also cause allergic reactions.

    Like the other respondent wrote – a good test to see if you’re sensitive to tannins is to eat a black walnut. Or, drink a really strong cup of black tea. If you don’t react, it’s not the tannins bothering you.

Leave a Reply